The basic rule of thumb for a kitchen is to estimate your required budget at around 8% of your home’s value on average and no more than 15% of your home’s value at a maximum. And a rough 20% of that should go toward kitchen appliances.
How to Zero In On Your Budget? Shop!
Do you want standard or professional appliances? Six burners or eight? Bells or whistles? The investment you make is a personal decision based on lifestyle, budget, and taste. So sometimes the best place to start is by making a list of the features and functions that are important to you and then noting the cost of the associated appliance options.
Special Offers & Free Shipping and Deals
Click on any of the banners below to link directly to the most current special offers, closeouts and free shipping from reliable and aggressively priced offerings from these recommended sources. By starting to evaluate the features and benefits of specific appliances you’ll begin to assemble of list of wants, needs and must-haves.
Some example appliance packages
courtesy of kitchendesigns.com
A high end luxury appliance package might look like this:
• Range 48” Wolf Duel FuelDF486G-SS6 burners and a griddle$11,379
• Dishwasher MieleG2183SCVI $1199
• Microwave GEZEM200SF $375
• Micro Trim Kit $119
• Refrigerator Sub ZeroBI-36U/SS $8,045
• HoodBestK4254SS $2,469
• Note: Additionally, high-end kitchens often add wine coolers, warming drawers, and additional refrigerator and freezer drawers.
A mid range medium-priced appliance package might look like this one using Kitchen Aid and GE Profile:
• RangeKitchen Aid duel fuelKDSS907SSS$1,729
• Canopy Hood Kitchen Aid KWCS160WSS $899
• Dishwasher Kitchen Aid KUDC03FVSS $699
• Refrigerator GE ProfilePSCS5TGXSS (counter depth )$2,579
• Microwave GEPEM315MSS $229
A budget appliance package might look like this one using Frigidaire Professional Series:
• Frigidaire Professional Series: RangeFGGF3041KF $709
• Micro HoodFFMV164LS $289
• RefrigeratorFFHS2612LS $999
• DishwasherFPHD2481KF $599
Visit this manufacturer for the photo above: Frigidaire
subscribe to this blog